Associate/Associate Director, Content and Programming Americas
AIMA, the global membership association for the hedge fund and private credit industry, seeks to add a Content and Programming Associate/Associate Director to our Americas team. AIMA serves to represent the interests of the alternative investment industry, while driving practical benefits to our 2,000 member firms globally, with events playing an important role in this mission. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with a background in events, journalism, public relations or communications in financial services to produce impactful programs that drive new business, spark fresh ideas, create meaningful connections and shape the alternative investment industry.
The Content and Programming, Associate/Associate Director will report to the Head of Americas and work closely with the Americas team in New York, Toronto and Washington, D.C., global colleagues and members to produce three annual flagship conferences in the region – an annual investor forum, digital assets summit and private credit forum. You will also support the programming of regular panels and webinars in the US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Draft agendas for three key flagship events in the region – an annual investor forum, digital assets summit and private credit forum – leveraging internal and external subject matter experts. This includes identifying topics of greatest interest to members and addressing them in fresh and novel ways.
- Program monthly webinars/panels, typically on operational and regulatory topics. Work with event host/sponsor and AIMA subject matter experts on topics that practical business insight for our members.
- Recruit speakers and panelists from within AIMA’s membership and broader industry. This includes working with colleagues and members to identify a speaker wish list, drafting invitation letters and securing confirmations. A focus on finding new and diverse voices is important.
- Participate in speaker prep calls to provide direction and ensure a smooth event.
- Record speaker interviews post-event.
Event marketing and communications:
- Draft marketing copy for event invitations, website and social media.
- Consolidate event summaries for further distribution.
Budget and Sponsorship:
- Manage budget and appropriate sponsorship required for events.
- Work with event sponsors to identify appropriate opportunities for thought leadership.
- Travel to in-person conferences.
- Liaise with speakers on site and support event logistics.
Note, this is primarily a content role and not an event/meeting planning role. Therefore, it does not involve advance venue logistics or vendor coordination.
The successful individual will demonstrate most of, if not all, of the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can distill technical and/or complex topics into an engaging agenda, persuade industry experts to spend their time with us, and drive members to attend. • Ability to juggle multiple projects and short and long-term deadlines.
- Comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders from assistants to CEOs and speaking before a crowd to introduce a conference or speaker.
- Demonstrated interest in the investment industry and intellectually curious. Have the ability and interest to learn new, often technical, subject areas including investment, regulatory and operational topics.
- Be self-motivated, confident and possess a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility to pitch-in as needed as part of a small, collaborative team.
Further details This is a full-time role to be based in New York or Toronto. Remote candidates based in the U.S. or Canada will also be considered. Eligibility to work in the United States or Canada is required. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Michelle Noyes at [email protected].