Associate, Events Manager
Published: 05 April 2019
Reporting to: Head of Events
Salary dependent on experience
AIMA is the global industry body for alternative investment managers with a specific focus on hedge funds and private credit managers. Headquartered in London, and with offices internationally, we represent the industry to key stakeholders globally including policymakers and regulators, investors, the media and the public. We have around 2,000 corporate members across more than 60 countries and run more than 200 events annually for our members around the world.
The Events Manager will report to and work closely with the Head of Events to strategically and effectively plan, manage and execute a wide range of AIMA events.
- To support and deputise the Head of Events in the strategy and development of our events offering
- Take responsibility for managing and implementing over 100 events a year from conception to completion under the guidance of the Head of Events
- Providing support to the AIMA team globally on the structure, content, costings and implementation of events
- Efficiently manage the registration process and bookings for AIMA events using in-house systems (CRM / AIMA website)
- Design and create event marketing communications including save the dates, invitations, confirmations and post event emails
- Prepare, design and continuously improve relevant event materials required (handouts, badges, branding)
- Attend, manage and take responsibility for events on site whilst representing AIMA both locally and internationally
- Maintain statistics on event attendance and feedback
- Maintain and update relevant documentation and materials including the events calendar, events workflow and global events master lists
- Implement promotion of events through the website and other marketing channels
- Work alongside Sponsoring Partners to manage and plan AIMA events whilst building and maintaining relationships
- Researching new event ideas and industry trends
- Build a knowledge of venues and resources by attending industry relevant events and site visits
- Liaise with speakers, sponsors, regulators and policy makers
- Implement and manage relevant internal events when required
Required skills and experience include:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Solid events experience (at least three years) in organising events – within a professional service environment
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously whilst meeting constant deadlines and delivering under pressure
- Ability to travels overseas if required
- Flexible and accommodating attitude and a willingness to welcome responsibility
- Strong IT Skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, use of databases, email and the internet
- Experience using Dotmailer & InDesign.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to take the next step in your career and join this growing international trade body with an excellent reputation globally. We are committed to helping you to achieve your professional goals.
Full-time position; Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm; 23 days’ holiday.
Benefits after probation include health insurance, life insurance, company pension (11% AIMA / 4% employee), discretionary annual bonus, annual gym membership and interest free annual season ticket loan.
How to apply:
Please send your CV together with salary expectations to Dawn Angley, Head of Events to email@example.com