Associate, Private Credit
Published: 23 June 2022
Salary dependent on experience
We are seeking an Associate for AIMA’s private credit team. The successful candidate will primarily assist with our advocacy and research work, supporting our communication with members on regulatory developments and helping us represent our members’ interests to policymakers and investors. The position holder will report to the Managing Director, Private Credit.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain direct experience of financial services policymaking, develop their understanding of the asset management sector and hone their advocacy, research and communications skills. We are committed to helping you to achieve your professional goals through internal support and training.
- Supporting our UK and European advocacy work;
- Updating members through our website, newsletters, videos and LinkedIn page;
- Monitoring regulatory developments and preparing responses to regulatory consultations;
- Contributing to our ongoing programme of research and taking on specific thought leadership projects;
- Helping to manage our member events, webinars and conferences; and
- Supporting our member working groups.
Required skills and experience
- Strong academic credentials, including a degree. We are particularly interested in candidates who have studied relevant degrees such as finance, law or politics;
- Strong attention to detail and analytical capability;
- Enthusiasm and a keenness to learn about how alternative credit funds operate and the regulatory requirements applicable to them;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to summarise complicated issues succinctly and accurately;
- Good organisational, research and project management skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and to represent the Association professionally;
- Familiarity with design programmes and video editing software (training would be provided); and
- We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with previous experience gained in a Government, industry or public affairs role.
This is a full-time role (3-month probationary period) to be based in London. Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom is required. Benefits after probation include private health insurance, life insurance, company pension, discretionary annual bonus and annual gym membership.
How to apply Please forward your CV and covering letter to Nicholas Smith, Managing Director, Private Credit at [email protected].
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) is the global representative of the alternative investment industry, with around 2,100 corporate members in over 60 countries. AIMA’s fund manager members collectively manage more than US$2.5 trillion in hedge fund and private credit assets. AIMA draws upon the expertise and diversity of its membership to provide leadership in industry initiatives such as advocacy, policy and regulatory engagement, educational programmes and sound practice guides. AIMA works to raise media and public awareness of the value of the industry.
AIMA set up the Alternative Credit Council (ACC) to help firms focused in the private credit and direct lending space. The ACC currently represents over 250 members that manage US$600 billion of private credit assets globally. AIMA is committed to developing skills and education standards and is a co-founder of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst designation (CAIA) – the first and only specialised educational standard for alternative investment specialists. AIMA is governed by its Council (Board of Directors).