ESMA updates investor protection Q&A under MiFID2
Published: 19 December 2017
On 18 December 2017, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) issued an updated Questions and Answers document for various investor protection rules under MiFID2.
Issues covered include:
- Best execution;
- Suitability and appropriateness;
- Recording of telephone conversations and electronic communications;
- Post-sale reporting;
- Record keeping;
- Investment advice on an independent basis;
- Inducements (research);
- Information on charges and costs;
- Underwriting and placement of a financial instrument;
- Client categorisation;
- Provision of investment services and activities by third country firms; and
- Application of MiFID2 after 3 January 2018, including issues of late transposition.