16 March 2023
[New] ACC Global Trade Finance Group – Call for Volunteers
Published: 15 August 2022
ACC is seeking members for a new Global Trade Finance Group:
- This group builds on the ACC research paper regarding the role of private credit in trade and commodities finance.
- The research paper highlights “One of the biggest drivers of change is the retrenchment and greater balance sheet management of traditional lenders, who have historically been the largest providers of trade finance and key facilitators of cross-border business. This happens at a time when demand for trade finance has significantly increased, with firms adjusting their practices in response to Covid-19 and renewed interest in and pressures on global trade patterns. During the past decade, private credit managers have helped address finance gaps in global credit markets.”
- The goal of this group is to meet regularly to discuss opportunities and explore activities that can raise awareness, promote development and drive advocacy of trade finance as an asset class for alternative investment managers.
- This group is open to representatives of manager, investor, and service provider/sell-side members which includes corporate treasury, trade receivable financing, data providers, family offices, insurance companies and sovereign investors. We would also engage with other relevant members of the ecosystem such as ICC/ICC DSI and institutions of higher learning.
- The work of this group will be coordinated out of the APAC time-zone. That said, we would welcome participation from individuals outside the region who are active in the space.
To join this group, please email Zandra Ang indicating in brief your role, relevant area(s) of expertise and/or interest. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Lee Kwang Teo or Kher Sheng Lee.