Vacancy - Research Analyst (London)
Published: 14 May 2018
Role, title and salary dependent on experience
The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), the global trade association representing the hedge fund industry, seeks an analyst to assist with its busy research department. The successful candidate should be eligible to work in the United Kingdom, and preferably will have a history of producing original research.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a passion for research wishing to work in a fast-paced environment that affords the individual with substantial opportunities to work alongside the hedge fund industry’s key stakeholders.
- Coordinating the publication of AIMA research papers and other publications.
- Curating all website content related to AIMA publications.
- Assisting in the compiling, and editing of research papers and other publications.
- Supporting the production of various industry surveys carried out by the association.
- Supporting the delivery of AIMA publications, by assisting in design and review.
- Conducting preliminary analysis on research findings and presenting them to the wider research team.
- Monitoring developments in the hedge fund industry, and the wider asset management industry.
- Developing relationships with other teams within AIMA, supporting them in formulating evidence-based advocacy and promoting the industry.
Required skills and experience:
The successful individual will demonstrate most of, if not all the following:
- Passion for producing original research, preferably related to the financial sector.
- Strong writing ability with evidence of sound research capabilities; proven ability to develop and test hypotheses.
- Quantitative competence (at the very minimum the role requires knowledge of basic statistics) and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with senior individuals and organisations in a professional manner.
- The ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Curiosity and the willingness to learn about hedge funds.
- The ability to work under pressure and to represent AIMA Research professionally.
Full-time position; Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm; 23 days holiday; 3 month probationary period.
Benefits after probation include health insurance, life insurance, company pension scheme (11% AIMA / 4% employee), discretionary annual bonus and annual travel ticket loan.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to Tom Kehoe, Director and Global Head of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.