US Membership and Event Associate (New York office)
Published: 31 October 2017
Role, title and salary dependent on experience
AIMA, a global trade association representing the hedge fund and private credit industries seeks an associate in its New York office to support the growing US membership and events program. The successful candidate will have superb customer service skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to roll up his or her sleeves and pitch in as part of a small team.
The role includes:
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer in New York and generally assisting the US office;
- Working closely with the events, membership, and administration teams in London and globally;
- Responding to inbound enquiries by phone and email in a professional and timely fashion;
- Tracking client interactions in the CRM (MS Dynamics) and ensuring records are up-to-date;
- Assisting in the coordination of road shows in the US with members and prospects;
- Keeping marketing materials and collateral up-to-date;
- Facilitating working groups and committee meetings;
- Managing a program of approximately 20-30 events in the US annually including:
- drafting invitations
- listing events on the AIMA website
- tracking attendance
- coordinating with external hosts or sourcing venues and vendors as needed
- assisting onsite with registration, Q&A and event logistics as needed;
- Assisting in AIMA’s participation in external events including staffing table/booth; and
- Office management responsibilities within our serviced office.
Required skills and experience for this position include:
- Proven ability to operate with a high level of autonomy and initiative;
- Very good organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects;
- Solid writing skills and comfort with Powerpoint and Excel (and willingness to learn new systems and technology as needed);
- The ability to adapt to and fit in with AIMA culture;
- A ‘can do’ attitude – including a willingness to tackle a broad range of work and to work enthusiastically and happily within a small office;
- The ability to represent AIMA professionally and positively, both internally and externally; and
- Prior event management experience is desirable.
A bachelor’s degree and eligibility to work in the United States are required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or an individual with less than five years work experience to gain a solid knowledge of the alternatives industry.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Michelle Noyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.