AIMA Japan Seminar and Networking
PLEASE NOTE: This event is full and registrations have now closed. Should you have any enquiries please email Kanako Someya.
The Executive Committee of AIMA Japan is pleased to invite you to the Japan AIMA Seminar & Networking Drinks.
17:00 Opening Remarks: Edward Rogers, Chairman AIMA Japan
17:05 Presentation: “Education update in Alternatives” – Rory Kennedy, CAIA Association
17:15 Presentation: Part 1 – “Is there a New Dawn Coming: Update on New Initiatives of TMG to Bring Managers to Japan”
- Takahiro Tajiri, Senior Director, Strategic Project, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
17:35 Fireside Interview: “Global Private Equity Trends and Performance”
Moderator: Shinobu Miyata, Head of Administration, Akebono Asset Management Ltd
- Takeshi Shimizu, Partner, Asset Management Industry Leader, PriceWaterhouseCoopersAarata LLP
- Shinichiro Shiraki, Co-Vice Chairman AIMA Japan / CEO & CIO, Akebono Asset Management Ltd
17:55 Presentation: “Status of Corporate Governance initiatives: How Much Progress has been made on Shareholder Engagement”
- Nicholas Smith, Japan Strategist, CLSA Securities Japan Co., Ltd.
- “Regulatory Update: FSAs Enforcement Priorities and Regulatory Agenda for the 2019 Diet Session”
- Part 2 - “Is there a New Dawn Coming: Update on New Fund Launches in Japan and FSA Initiatives to Bring Managers to Japan”
- Yasumasa Tahara, Director, Strategy Development Division, Strategy Development and Management Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Christopher P. Wells, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
18:35 Presentation: “Summary of Interviews with Emerging Managers” - Kazuhiko Yoshimatsu, Secretary General, JIAM
18:45 Closing Remarks: Shinichiro Shiraki, Co-Vice Chairman AIMA Japan
The session will be conducted in English OR Japanese – no translation.
As attendance is limited, early registration is strongly recommended.