[CANCELLED] March Fund Manager Briefing - London
Please note this event has been cancelled. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund Governance: How will the industry respond to demands for stronger, more effective governance?
The importance of strong, effective governance with the funds industry continues to take centre stage. One of the key outcomes of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime is to improve the standards of governance, a clear message which also comes through from recent FCA Dear CEO letters to the asset management industry: overall standards of governance generally fall below FCA expectations. Pressure for stronger governance is also coming from investors, particularly in light of a number of high-profile fund suspensions in 2019.
The team from INDOS Financial, the independent depositary and fund oversight provider, will lead a discussion about ways that managers are enhancing their management company and fund governance structures:
- Why does the FCA believe governance falls short
- What action are managers and their funds taking to improve governance
- What concerns investors and how can these concerns be addressed
- The importance of addressing and managing conflicts of interest
- How can managers leverage the role of fund directors and service providers to enhance governance
We look forward to meeting you for an engaging discussion over breakfast at Brown’s Hotel.
This event has reached capacity, if you would like to be added to the waiting list please email email@example.com
Kindly hosted by:
Please note these sessions are open to fund managers only.