We are pleased to announce the AIMA Next Generation Manager Forum will take place on the 9, 10 & 11 March 2021 and will be hosted virtually.
Now in its eighth year, the Forum provides a platform for the exchange of ideas and the development of peer networking for senior individuals at alternative asset management businesses managing less than $500m in assets. These firms are an integral part of the alternative investment management community and are important and substantial contributors to AIMA’s work.
We are pleased to welcome over 250 delegates each year to join the discussions elaborating on some of the key discussion points of this group and during sessions, speakers explore the nuts and bolts of this dynamic market and how to build a successful alternative investment business. Past themes included how to best manage the firm’s operations, navigating the key compliance issues into 2020, and a discussion on how to manage capital raising for your business.
The 2021 Forum will take place in a virtual format and will explore the relationship between the fund managers and their prime brokers, what investors expect to see from their fund manager, the characterisation of budgets and the use of platforms.
Date: 9, 10 & 11 March
Time: From 14:00 each day
Agenda & Speakers
Day 1|9 March 2021
- Considerations when selecting your prime broker
- What the PB is getting out of the relationship – beyond just the fee?
- How to get the most out of your capital introductions coverage
- Negotiating tactics
- Maintaining the relationship
- Why a next generation manager may want to work with a platform
- Which types of platforms are useful for different requirements?
- Platforms and their interaction and implications for your other service providers
- Due diligence for selecting and onboarding a platform
Day 2 | 10 March 2021
Day 3 | 11 March 2021
AIMA members – Complimentary*
Non-member managers - Complimentary
Non-member service providers - £100 + VAT
* Service provider attendees are limited to two places per member firm in the first instance. Sponsoring Partners are limited to three places per member firm.
You can contact us at [email protected], should you have any questions.