Macfarlanes (AIMA Sponsoring Partner)
Macfarlanes provides a premium service for the world’s leading businesses and business leaders.
• Our Hedge Fund Group forms part of the wider Investment Management practice and pulls together various experts in funds, regulation, tax, finance and derivatives and trading.
• Our lawyers have been acting for hedge funds since the birth of the European hedge fund industry in the mid-1990s.
• We assist hedge funds at all stages of their life cycle. •We have hedge fund specialists in funds and tax who can advise start-ups in a cost-efficient way.
• We are not just a firm of start-up specialists. We see the launch of the fund as just the start of the process and are equally focused on the ongoing deployment of assets. Our derivatives and trading team is the only specialist team of its size in the City.
• We can also help those managers that are looking to expand (through team moves, other new products or by corporate transactions).
• Given the international nature of the hedge fund industry we are able to offer a single point of contact and can co-ordinate advice across all relevant jurisdictions.
• Our lawyers understand the requirements of a hedge fund manager in both a legal and business context. Our advice is not limited to the establishment of offshore master/feeder funds. We have advised, amongst others, publicly listed closed-ended funds, alternative UCITS funds and hybrid funds.
• Since the advent of AIFMD, European managers are promoting European regulated products that demand European solutions. Macfarlanes is at the forefront of these developments.
Contact: Simon Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org