AIMA Webinar Replay: Credit Hedge Funds - What you need to know before ODD review
Published: 02 November 2020
Operational and market disruptions resulting from the pandemic can expose gaps in policies and procedures. How robust is your governance structure? Are you prepared for the enhanced ODD of today? What’s different about SEC scrutiny now? Whether you believe the biggest challenges are past or are preparing for “the other shoe to drop”, hear practical guidance and perspectives from multiple angles – Allocator/ODD, legal counsel, and investment manager.
Topics covered to include:
- Heightened importance of valuation policies and procedures
- Role of LPAs and/or Advisory Committee
- ODD considerations
- Mark-to-market value for illiquid assets & challenges
- Can firms adjust valuations to address the economic environment?
- What if the existing valuation policy does not work given the current environment?
- Revenue and net asset value inflation / overcharging on fees
- Valuations diverting from proper methodology under applicable accounting standards
COVID and Impact:
- How has the crisis shaped/impacted the discussion around responsible investing in private credit
- What potential conflicts result in allocations, disclosures, side letters, affiliate relationships
- Potential conflicts among different fund investors
- David Warsoff - Hedge Fund of Funds Group: Manager of Operations and Operational Due Diligence, JPMorgan Alternative Asset Management
- Joe Fisher - Partner, KPMG
- Kevin Neubauer – Partner, Seward & Kissel
- Chris Hedberg – Chief Financial Officer, CarVal Investors
- Wendy Beer – Principal, Danesmead Partners