AIMA APAC FMB Webinar: Derivatives Disputes Update
AIMA APAC invites you to join our FMB webinar on 9 March 2021.
Since the global financial crisis in 2008, there has been a more than five-fold increase in the number of derivatives disputes determined by the English courts. During this session, Allen & Overy will look at what the last decade of litigation has taught us about the enforceability of the ISDA Master Agreement and consider the challenges that parties to this agreement may face when seeking to protect their investments in the current volatile market climate.
In particular, they will cover:
- How the English court has approached interpreting the ISDA Master Agreement
- The areas of the close-out process that have been most frequently litigated; what areas have now been settled and the remaining risk areas
- Strategic issues in ISDA litigation and the escape routes attempted by counterparties when seeking to avoid the consequences of their agreements.
- Michael Bugel, Managing Director & Co-Head of APAC, AIMA
- Ross Stewart, Partner, Allen & Overy
- Matt Bower, Partner, Allen & Overy
Please note these sessions are open to fund managers only. If you meet this requirement and would like a copy of the replay and presentation, please email here.