AIMA APAC July FMB Webinar: Limited Partnership Fund Bill and Other Regulatory Updates
AIMA APAC invites you to join our July FMB webinar on 7 July 2020.
This webinar will be an interactive session introducing the Hong Kong’s Limited Partnership Fund Bill (the “Bill”) which will allow funds to be set up as limited partnerships in Hong Kong. The Bill is an important development for the funds industry in Hong Kong as the initiative aims to encourage funds to domicile in Hong Kong, promoting Hong Kong as Asia’s leading asset management hub.
The following will be discussed in the webinar:
- Legal structure of a limited partnership fund
- Registration requirements and procedures
- Register of limited partnership funds
- Obligations of the general partner and the limited partners
- Dissolution of a limited partnership fund
- Comparison of various fund structures in different jurisdictions
The webinar will also provide a brief update on the Hong Kong’s new national security legislation and highlight regulators’ emphasis on “operational resilience” since the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Michael Bugel, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC, AIMA
- Helen Fok, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Please note these sessions are open to fund managers only.