AIMA APAC Webinar: It’s A Small World After All: The Intersection Of US And Asia Hedge Fund Reporting
AIMA has invited two leading tax experts to discuss the impact of new US tax laws and enforcement initiatives on hedge fund managers.
In this session, the following will be discussed:
- An update on US tax compliance and reporting obligations for hedge funds
- Who is a ‘US person’? How can you identify a US person from due diligence. What are the rules, and who is a “US Person”, under US law?
- How is information being shared by various jurisdictions? What is the scope of the new transparency rules in Asia, UK and the US?
- An update on the latest IRS enforcement initiatives. What impact will they have on Asia-based funds? How is the IRS approaching the hedge fund industry? What are the latest ‘tools’ in the IRS ‘toolbox’?
- What next? How hedge funds can deal with these new laws and enforcement programs?
A recording of the webinar is now available here.AIMA APAC Webinar Its A Small World After All_ Final.pdf
- Jim Mastracchio, Partner, Head of Federal Tax Controversy and Criminal Tax, Eversheds Sutherland
- James Null, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
- Paul Moloney, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland