AIMA APAC Webinar: China / U.S. Part Two
AIMA APAC invites you to join our webinar on 21 August 2020.
U.S. – Chinese relations are at a low point and are seemingly getting worse.
With the U.S. election pending, the Trump administration is pursuing all manner of sanctions against the Chinese regime at the same time that China is seeking to expand its economic hegemony. Hong Kong is at the epicenter of this geopolitical conflict.
The U.S. threatens to delist Chinese companies from U.S. exchanges at the same time that China has passed a new national security law for Hong Kong.
This webinar will explore:
- The political dynamic from both perspectives
- The likely public policy outcomes
- The potential impact these changes could have on asset managers in Hong Kong and the wider APAC region
- Dan Crowley, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Chloe Duan, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Choo Lye Tan, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Kher Sheng Lee, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC and Deputy Global Head of Government Affairs, AIMA