AIMA APAC Webinar: Latest SFC Circular On External Electronic Data Storage Providers (EDSPs)
The Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) has via a circular published requirements for licensed corporations regarding the use of external electronic data storage providers (EDSPs).
The SFC has spelled out requirements for when regulatory records are kept exclusively with an EDSP without a duplicate set of records at the premises of the licensed corporation, including the need to seek approval from the SFC. The circular also laid out the SFC’s expectations for the mitigation of cyber and operational risks when electronic data storage is outsourced to an EDSP, regardless of whether regulatory records are kept with it exclusively.
A recording of the webinar is now available here.AIMA Webinar_AIMA APAC Webinar Latest SFC Circular On EDSPs.pdf 4
- Kenneth Lai, Director, Enforcement, SFC
- James Tedman, Partner, ACA Aponix
- Derek McGibney, Director, ACA Compliance Group
- Mark Shipman, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Stuart Sanders, Executive Director, Velocity Solutions
- Kher Sheng Lee, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC and Deputy Global Head of Government Affairs, AIMA