AIMA APAC Webinar: The Great Debate – Volume I
The Cayman Islands has 10,932 registered mutual funds, 747 of which have been registered so far in 2019. There are around 26,000 private equity funds domiciled in the jurisdiction of which over 3,000 have been formed in 2019 to date. Both IOSCO and SEC figures show that Cayman is the most popular domicile for hedge and PE funds outside of the US.
The numbers surely tell a story. But do they tell the whole story? With the HK OFC recently celebrating its first anniversary, and the Singapore VCC program coming into play, will Cayman vehicles continue to dominate the investment funds space in Asia?
To find out, we are bringing together a broad panel of experts that can speak to the different sides of the argument: from onshore and Cayman legal issues, to tax rules, and the issues in the minds of managers and investors alike. This webinar will attempt to answer the question.AIMA Webinar Slides - The Great Debate Volume I - 13 Dec 2019 (2).pdf
A recording of the webinar is now available here.
- Kher Sheng Lee, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC and Deputy Global Head of Government Affairs, AIMA
- Elliott Shadforth, Partner and Asia-Pacific Wealth & Asset Management Sector Leader, EY
- Cindy Shek, Partner, Hong Kong, King & Wood Mallesons
- Halley Caldwell, APAC Head of Prime Brokerage Business Consulting, Morgan Stanley
- Jek-Aun Long, Partner, Singapore Office Head, Simmons & Simmons JWS
- Alice Molan, Partner, Walkers
- Thomas Granger, Partner, Walkers
- James Gaden, Partner, Walkers