AIMA APAC Webinar: Trump’s Executive Order Restricting Trading in Certain "Communist Chinese Military Companies"
AIMA APAC invites you to join our webinar on 15 January 2021.
An Executive Order 13959 issued by President Trump on 28 December will have a significant effect on investment funds in Asia which directly or indirectly have exposure to the sanctioned entities.
We will discuss the following in this webinar:
- The effect of the sanctions on Asian managers with US investors who have exposure to the sanctioned entities;
- The types of trades that are in scope;
- OFAC guidance to date and how the sanctions differ from other US sanctions regimes; and
- Hhow Asian managers might be able to continue to trade in sanctioned entities on behalf of non-US investors whilst still retaining their US investor base.
Replay can be found here. Should there be any questions, please email us here.
- Anne-Marie Godfrey, Partner, Akin Gump Straus Hauer & Feld LLP
- Tatman Savio, Partner, International Trade, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Wynn Segall, Partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP
- Bill Herder, Head of Region, Asia-Pacific, FIA
- Kher Sheng Lee, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC and Deputy Global Head of Government Affairs, AIMA