AIMA Australia Webinar: Design and distribution obligations (DDO) - Session 1
Issuers and distributors of financial products must comply with the design and distribution obligations in Pt 7.8A of the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act) from 5 October 2021. The design and distribution obligations (DDO) require issuers and distributors to develop and maintain effective product governance arrangements across the life cycle of financial products.
In order for members to be better prepared for the DDO regime AIMA is planning to hold a series of sessions, an outline of these sessions are set out below.
Speakers will consist of experts from with AIMA Australia’s Regulatory committee and invited guests.
This session allows an overview covering what products are captured, overview of obligations and timeframes.
- Michael Gallagher, Head of Australia, AIMA
- Michaela McNeil, Senior Manager, Compliance and Regulatory Change, Enterprise Risk Management, AMP Capital
- Nikki Bentley, EY Oceania Law Partner, Financial Services and Investment Funds
- Phillip Blackmore, Head of Transaction Management & Governance at Perpetual Limited, Perpetual Limited
- Paula McCabe, Legal director, Financial Services Legal Specialist, PMC Legal