AIMA Fund Manager Briefing: Developments in Fund Governance
The importance of strong, effective governance with the funds industry continues to take centre stage. One of the key outcomes of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime is to improve the standards of governance, a clear message which also comes through from recent FCA Dear CEO letters to the asset management industry: overall standards of governance generally fall below FCA expectations. Pressure for stronger governance is also coming from investors, particularly in light of a number of high-profile fund suspensions such as Woodford in 2019.
Bill Prew, Founder and CEO of independent depositary and fund oversight provider, INDOS Financial, will talk about how managers are enhancing their management company and fund governance structures:
- Where does governance still fall short
- What action are managers and their funds taking to improve governance and comply with SMCR
- What is concerning investors
- The changing role of the depositary
- Lessons to take away from COVID-19
- Bill Prew, Founder and CEO, INDOS Financial
Please note this event is open to fund managers only.