AIMA GDPR Implementation Guide Launch Event - New York
AIMA invites you to attend a breakfast panel event to mark the launch of the ‘AIMA GDPR Implementation Guide’, sponsored by Clifford Chance.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation, or ‘GDPR’, was passed in 2016 and will become effective across the EU on 25 May this year, replacing the current EU Data Protection Directive with a much strengthened regime for the handling of personal data by controllers and processors. The GDPR represents the biggest change in EU data privacy law in a generation and, due to its extraterritorial scope, is highly relevant to AIMA members in the EU and beyond.
In light of the significant new rules, AIMA has developed the GDPR Implementation Guide with the input of the AIMA GDPR Working Group in order to help inform and assist members in their preparations and readiness for the new regime. In particular, the guide includes:
- an introduction to, and a summary of, the relevant GDPR provisions;
- key implementation questions and compliance considerations for alternative investment managers and funds; and
- a series of compliance checklists for alternative investment management firms.
The launch event will enable attendees to hear from a panel of industry experts who contributed to the Guide. Questions will be welcome throughout the session.
- Alice Kane - Partner, Clifford Chance LLP
- Daniel Silver – Partner, Clifford Chance LLP
- Megan Gordan - Partner, Clifford Chance LLP