AIMA Hong Kong Seminar: Update on the Economic Substance Regulations in the Cayman Islands
AIMA invite you to join our afternoon seminar in Hong Kong on Monday 19 August 2019.
Since the beginning of this year, a new legislation came into effect in the Cayman Islands, with requirements to have demonstrable economic substance in the Cayman Islands. A significant number of Asian PE Firms use Cayman Islands fund structures hence there is an impact to the alternative investment industry.
During the session, the speakers will provide an update and discuss the following:
- Version 2 of the Economic Substance Law
- Amendments of the Securities Investment Business Law in the Cayman Islands
- Issues and recommended solutions
- Impact to the industry
- Appropriate level of substance in the Cayman Islands
- Alternative fund structures
Ann Ng, Partner, Maples Group
Darren Bowdern, Partner, Tax, Head of Alternative Investments, Hong Kong, KPMG
Please note there may be limits on attendees per firm.
Registration has now been closed, for any inquiries please email here