AIMA Hong Kong: Double Header Event
AIMA and Simmons & Simmons invite you to join our breakfast event where you will receive updates on LIBOR and US Regulatory developments.
Session One: The End of LIBOR – Are the Buy-Side ready?
This session will discuss the looming LIBOR transition, opportunities, risks, and solutions available. Speakers from Simmons & Simmons and Wavelength, a legal engineering firm, will address the following questions:
• What is the current state of play and what could the LIBOR endgame look like in practice?
• How will the transition affect the buy-side?
• Where are the opportunities in these uncertain markets?
• Getting on the front foot – what are the benefits of taking steps now?
• How prepared are you for the legal and operational challenges?
Anna Burns, Registered Foreign Lawyer, Simmons & Simmons
Ben Ridgway, Wavelength
James Grand, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
Jason Valoti, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
Session Two: Latest US Regulatory Developments – what you need to know
This session will cover the regulatory and tax issues in the US that would be the most relevant to start up and existing managers in Hong Kong.
Issues around fund raising, trading, SEC compliance and US taxation will be covered by our team of industry experts.
Gaven Cheong, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
James C. Cofer, Partner, Seward & Kissel LLP
Debra Franzese, Partner, Seward & Kissel LLP
Please note there is a limit of two attendees per firm.