AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme - Hong Kong
This event was due to take place on Wednesday 23 September but has been rescheduled for Monday 19 October.
The panel will cover trading on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Mainland Exchanges and inter-bank markets. In relation to Hong Kong, the panel look at unique aspects of Hong Kong insider dealing legislation and quirks of the Hong Kong trade position reporting regime which have caught-out offshore managers in the past. It will also explain access to trading securities and commodities (and the alphabet soup of QFII (R)QFII, CIBM, Stock Connect and Bond Connect and etc. in Mainland China. We will also briefly touch upon the short selling regime in Singapore, where significant short positions in specified capital market products must be reported to the Singapore regulator.
- Paul Li, Partner, Hong Kong, Simmons & Simmons
- Ian Wood, Partner, Hong Kong, Simmons & Simmons
- Grace Chong, Of Counsel, Singapore, Simmons & Simmons
- Melody Yang, Partner, Beijing, Simmons & Simmons
AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme
AIMA are hosting a programme of country-specific regulatory review sessions that cover the changes in the relevant country’s regulation and enforcement in the trailing six months and any pending or future country-specific developments that are anticipated in the next six months.
Each session will cover topics with respect to the country providing requirements, guidance, enforcement that affects solely asset managers that are established there. The sessions will be of interest to manager members who would be interested in that country because they:
- Manage or sub-manage funds established in that country;
- Market funds or portfolio management services in that country; or
- Invest in issuers established in that country or traded in that country.
More information to come on this specific session.
Please click here to view the full progamme.