AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme - Middle East
This session will feature a panel of experts from Allen & Overy who will cover recent trends and developments in the Middle East asset management environment, with a particular focus on the UAE.
In particular, we will look at:
- fund structures, domiciles and key considerations (including the financial free zones the Dubai International Financial Centre (the DIFC) and Abu Dhabi Global Market (the ADGM)),
- corporate governance,
- marketing funds in the UAE (including the fund passporting regime),
- market trends (including venture capital and FinTech),
- impact of foreign ownership requirements (including the Foreign Direct Investment Law),
- economic substances requirements,
- updates to insolvency framework, and enforcement (including enforceability of ADGM court judgments and arbitral awards).
AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme
AIMA are hosting a programme of country-specific regulatory review sessions that cover the changes in the relevant country’s regulation and enforcement in the trailing six months and any pending or future country-specific developments that are anticipated in the next six months.
Each session will cover topics with respect to the country providing requirements, guidance, enforcement that affects solely asset managers that are established there. The sessions will be of interest to manager members who would be interested in that country because they:
- Manage or sub-manage funds established in that country;
- Market funds or portfolio management services in that country; or
- Invest in issuers established in that country or traded in that country.
More information to come on this specific session.
Please click here to view the full progamme.