AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme - Singapore
AIMA are hosting a programme of country-specific regulatory review sessions that cover the changes in the relevant country’s regulation and enforcement in the trailing six months and any pending or future country- specific developments that are anticipated in the next six months.
Each session will cover topics selected with respect to that country which may range from traditional asset management, markets and tax issues, to specialist areas such as responsible investment, operational resilience and cyber, data privacy, market abuse, fraud and corrupt practices, competition, regulatory enforcement and supervision issues, shareholder rights, corporate governance, AML/KYC/CTF and beneficial ownership, as applicable.
The objective of the sessions will be to present developments from the chosen country to an audience from outside the relevant country requirements, as opposed to covering requirements, guidance, and enforcement issues that solely affect asset managers that are established in that country. The sessions will be of interest to manager members who would be interested in that country because they:
- Manage or sub-manage funds established in that country;
- Market funds or portfolio management services in that country; or
- Invest in issuers established in that country or traded in that country.
This regulatory review session will feature a panel of experts from Clifford Chance who will cover recent and pending developments in the Singapore asset management environment. Topics will include:
- VCCs for hedge funds – Examining the use of Singapore's variable capital company (VCC) in the hedge fund setting
- COVID-19 regulatory support – Discussing regulatory support initiatives undertaken by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) on account of COVID-19
- Enforcement and other regulatory trends – Providing an update on continuing anti-money laundering, market manipulation, individual accountability and data protection initiatives
The speakers are:
- Lena Ng, Partner
- Luke Chen, Senior Associate
- Nadan Sehic, Senior Associate
Please click here to view the other sessions of the progamme.
Kindly hosted by