AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme - Switzerland
During this session, speaker will be discussing the new Swiss Financial Services Act (FinSA) entered into force on January 1, 2020 and the implementing Ordinance of FinSA (FinSO) introducing new rules to offer financial products in Switzerland as well as the continuing application of the current fund distribution rules under Collective Investment Scheme Act (CISA) requiring appointment of a Swiss representative and paying agent.
In particular we will look at:
- Scope of FINSA versus CISA,
- New FINSA concepts and definitions e.g. financial services, client segmentation, ombudsman, register of client advisors,
- Practical application of the rules for non Swiss managers offering funds and financial services to Swiss investors,
- The importance of a documented client segmentation,
- How and when can the existing CISA agreements be terminated and new compliance requirement under FINSA.
AIMA Regulatory Deep Dive Programme
AIMA are hosting a programme of country-specific regulatory review sessions that cover the changes in the relevant country’s regulation and enforcement in the trailing six months and any pending or future country-specific developments that are anticipated in the next six months.
Each session will cover topics with respect to the country providing requirements, guidance, enforcement that affects solely asset managers that are established there. The sessions will be of interest to manager members who would be interested in that country because they:
- Manage or sub-manage funds established in that country;
- Market funds or portfolio management services in that country; or
- Invest in issuers established in that country or traded in that country.
Please click here to view the full progamme.