APAC Fund Manager Briefing: Perspectives on Fund Governance
Strong, independent governance and oversight of funds remains a key concern for institutional investors when allocating to hedge fund vehicles. Managers need to make judicious choices as to the composition of their fund boards in terms of complementary experience and skillsets, whilst maintaining an eye on cost.
This panel aims to provide insights on current governance hot topics from the manager, investor and fund director perspectives, including:
- Best practices on fund board composition, both internally and externally
- Frequency and content of board meetings
- What should managers reasonably expect from the independent directors? How do directors add value and how does this evolve from a start-up to an established fund
- Investor expectations on the role of the fund board
- The ODD process – which documents are requested, and questions asked?
- Cost – how should smaller, emerging managers manage the directorship costs in the early stages?
- Michael Bugel, Managing Director, Co-head of APAC, AIMA
- Jennifer Kizilbash, Partner, Head of ODD Asia, Albourne Partners
- Neil Mackie, Independent Fund Director, Dalhousie Governance Limited
- Sharon York, COO, Springhill Fund
Please note these sessions are open to fund managers only. If you meet this requirement and would like a copy of the replay, please email here.