APAC Launch: Hong Kong Vision Paper 2022
AIMA APAC is delighted to invite you to the launch of our latest research paper – Hong Kong Vision Paper - produced in collaboration with PwC.
Hong Kong has risen to become one of the world’s pre-eminent international financial centres. Around the world, investors are seeking to diversify and improve returns by allocating more capital to alternative asset classes such as private equity, hedge funds, real estate, private credit, commodities, infrastructure and digital assets. As a gateway to Mainland China and regional connector together with its attractive legal, tax and regulatory settings, deep talent pool, capital markets ecosystem Hong Kong is a significant centre for alternative asset management, and ownership. To ensure the vibrant business landscape remains and Hong Kong’s attractiveness continues, there is more that must be done to maintain the city’s competitive advantages against the rising tide of competition and to build for an even brighter and resilient future.
The paper provides an overview of Hong Kong’s many opportunities and a range of areas where it can focus to further its success in the short, medium, and long term.
This session will include an exclusive overview of the key findings and data points from the paper followed by a panel discussion between industry specialists.APAC Launch Webinar_Alternatives in Hong Kong Building on the Citys Strengths.pdf
Replay can be found here.
- Kher Sheng Lee, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC and Deputy Global Head of Government Affairs, AIMA
- Michael Bugel, Managing Director, Co-Head of APAC, AIMA
- Phillip Meyer, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Co-Chief Operating Officer at Oasis Management Company Ltd and AIMA Hong Kong Chairman
- Lisa Tsui, Partner, Asset and Wealth Management, PwC Hong Kong
- Kendall Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, Torq Capital Management