Brexit and Alternative Asset Managers: Managing the Impact
Please join us for an update on AIMA’s Brexit work, in which we will focus on the eventual transition from the current regulatory structure to a new post-Brexit framework, as explored in a forthcoming AIMA paper, ‘Brexit and Alternative Asset Managers: Managing the Impact’. The session will also feature an update from Lee Foulger at the FCA, who will comment on the FCA’s current Brexit work programme. As part of the session, we will also discuss cross-border provisions in AIFMD, the UCITS Directive, and MiFID, considering what will happen to the application of these provisions when the UK leaves the EU. Finally, we will consider the strategic decisions the UK will need to make when onshoring existing European rules.
- Catherine Weeks, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Lee Foulger, Head of Department, International Division, FCA
- Ryan Taylor, Group Head of Compliance, Brevan Howard
- Simon Turner, Partner, Leader for Regulatory & Risk Advisory, Wealth and Asset Management, EY
- Adam Jacobs-Dean, Head of Markets Regulation, AIMA