Tired of "E"? Let's talk about "G"
Fund managers and fund boards around the world have been focussing this year on environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) matters. A large portion of that focus has been on the regulations and disclosures related to “E”. While “E” is undoubtedly important, through the publication of the 4th Edition of its industry-leading Fund Directors’ Guide, AIMA is providing some further focus and attention on fund governance.
Please join AIMA, and guide sponsors the Maples Group, for a webinar launching the new 4th Edition of the AIMA Fund Directors’ Guide and exploring the ever-expanding and evolving role of fund directors.
Rather than a single global launch, AIMA is hosting three regional sessions to allow the discussion to take into account regional regulatory differences for fund directors. This session will focus on Europe and future sessions will focus on the North America and Asia-Pacific regions.
- What’s changed in the last 7 years, including the increasing focus on ESG, cyber and AML;
- The roles of and responsibilities of existing and potential Directors;
- Factors to consider when identifying a potential Director including experience, independence, diversity, conflicts of interest, capacity, etc.;
- Ongoing role of a Board.
- Caitriona Carty, Partner, Maples Group
- Ronan Cremin, Partner, Maples Group
- Reggie Dodge, Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel, Emso Asset Management
- Lisa Roitman, General Counsel, Pollen Street Capital (US) LLC
- Jennifer Wood, Managing Director, Global Head of Asset Management Regulation & Sound Practices