Short Selling and Responsible Investment
When it comes to responsible investment, the use of short selling is one of the most pressing questions facing many alternative investment managers. AIMA and Simmons & Simmons recently partnered to produce a paper outlining how short selling can be used in a responsible investment context.
This panel will build on that paper. Three leading alternative investment managers will discuss how they use short selling when implementing responsible investment, the challenges they have faced in doing so, and their plans for the future.
Specifically, they will discuss:
- How short selling can be used to hedge against potential ESG risks, such as the regulatory responses to climate change
- How short selling can be used to create positive ESG impacts
- How potential short selling targets can be identified using ESG factors
- Pitfalls and challenges when it comes to using short selling in a responsible investment setting
- Max Budra, Associate, Markets, Governance and Innovation, AIMA
- Darren Fox, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Arnaud Langlois, Portfolio Manager, 1798 TerreNeuve, Lombard Odier Investment Managers
- Pierre Lenders, Head of ESG, Capital Fund Management
- Lukasz Pomorski, Head of ESG Research, Managing Director, AQR Capital Management