AIMA Canada Announces 2017 Featured Speakers for September Conference
Published: 10 April 2017
Toronto – April 10, 2017: AIMA Canada, the National Group of the Alternative Investment Management Association, is pleased to announce the featured 2017 panel speakers for our annual Investor Forum, to be held September 25th and 26th in Montréal.
Alternative investment fund investors, managers, advisors and related industry professionals from across Canada and the world will gather for this forum. The 2017 Forum will celebrate both Canada's 150th anniversary as a country and the 375th anniversary of the founding of the City of Montréal.
The state of the alternatives industry in Canada and abroad as well as an update on the alternative funds proposal and the amendments that will allow retail investors to invest in alternative investment strategies and asset classes are among the topics to be discussed at the Forum.
The selected 2017 panel speakers will include:
- Elena Boeva, Head of Operational Due Diligence, Aflac Global Investments (U.S.)
- Dave Finstad, Director, Hedge Fund Management, OMERS Capital Markets (Canada)
- Helen Idenstedt, Analyst, Alternative Investments, First Swedish National Pension Fund (AP1, Sweden)
- Laurence Marshbaum, Investment Manager, Hedge Funds, Sunsuper (Australia)
- Christopher Rapcewicz, Director of Risk & Operations, Helmsley Charitable Trust (U.S.)
- Mario Therrien, Senior Vice-President, External Portfolio Management - Public Markets, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Canada)
- Xue Zhao, Economist, Global Research, Strategy & Planning Department, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (U.A.E.)
The various speakers will focus on select 2017 panel topics, which will include: Leverage, Liquidity, Managed Futures, Operational Due Diligence / Investment Due Diligence, Choosing a Manager, Managed Account Platforms, Risk Management, and Adding Alternatives to a Portfolio.
“We are thrilled with the remarkable collection of speakers who have agreed to dedicate their time to help make our Forum a success once again,” noted AIMA Canada Chairman Michael Burns. “We look forward to continue to offer an informative, topical and substantive event that also provides valuable networking opportunities year after year.”
The conference will take place on September 25, 2017 and September 26, 2017.
Additional information on AIMA Canada’s Investor Forum 2017 and a complete list of speakers can be found here.