Fireside chat: Practical Implications of Cayman Islands AML developments
To watch a replay of this webinar, please click here
As a stable, world-class financial centre, the Cayman Islands play a pivotal role in the global alternative investment industry. Recently the Cayman Islands has updated its AML/CFT legislation and guidance to meet all the technical requirements of the FATF, and the country has prioritised responding to the requirements of the FATF as regards improving oversight and enforcement of its AML/CFT regime.
Join us on Tuesday, 18 January 2022 for a Fireside Chat with experts from Maples Group and Walkers to discuss what effect the recent developments have had on the Cayman investment funds industry in practice.
Topics that will be covered include:
- The progress made by the government and industry to meet FATF requirements
- Changes to the legislation in 2019 and 2020 following the Caribbean FATF Mutual Evaluation
- A discussion of the practical implications of the updated regulations
- A high-level overview of local AML/CFT requirements, including risk assessments and appointing AML Officers
- An anecdotal cross-jurisdictional comparison with KYC requirements of other fund establishment jurisdictions.
- Tim Dawson, Partner, Maples Group
- Lucy Frew, Partner, Walkers